Errors in WPDefEditor.dfm (release 19.1) [ItemIndex]

• The property editor for editing the text (TWPRichText component) does not work with the WPDefEditor.dfm that is shipped with release 19.1.

The reason is that this dfm file has a property for the TWPComboBox that does not exist. The property here is ItemIndex.

All occurences of this property need to be removed from the file to fix the property editor.

• I am using Delphi 5 and WPTools 5.19.1
    As reported by "Leander", I am unable to open: WPRichText.RTFText property, it generates error: "WPCombobox3.ItemIndex property does not exist". Needless to say, it won't let me go any further.

Any fix or work-around for this ?

I am still learning WPT 5. I need to add a line to footer in code. How do I do that?

Thanks

Jay

Zitat von Leander

The property editor for editing the text (TWPRichText component) does not work with the WPDefEditor.dfm that is shipped with release 19.1.

The reason is that this dfm file has a property for the TWPComboBox that does not exist. The property here is ItemIndex.

All occurences of this property need to be removed from the file to fix the property editor.

• Open the WPDefEditor.dfm file and remove all the references to the ItemIndex property (i think it was 3 total) then rebuild the WPTools package (dpk). The RTFText property should work fine now.

As for inserting a line in the footer, i know one way to do it. It's probably not the best way and Julian will probably give you some better advice, but anyway:

Code
    WPRichText1.HeaderFooter.Get(wpIsFooter, wpraOnAllPages).InsertText(0, 'FOOTER TEXT');

Good luck,