3 small buglets in 4.21

• 1. If I have a table then under then a field, then a band or something, I cannot delete the field. For example, I insert using WPRichText1.InputField('<',FieldName+'>',FieldName); it is often impossible to delete it.

2. A Table of one row, two columns with fields only (as above) in each cell - when you delete one row using the WPtoolbar, you are left with the 1st field on 1 line not in a table and the 2nd column one line below to the right in a single cell table.

3. Undo - does not seem to undo the deletion of that row.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

1. If I have a table then under then a field, then a band or something, I cannot delete the field. For example, I insert using WPRichText1.InputField('<',FieldName+'>',FieldName); it is often impossible to delete it.

Usually it is possible to delete protected text if it is selected.

I suggest to add a button which delets a field (and deactiavtes the protection in the background - see ProtectedProp)

Zitat

2. A Table of one row, two columns with fields only (as above) in each cell - when you delete one row using the WPtoolbar, you are left with the 1st field on 1 line not in a table and the 2nd column one line below to the right in a single cell table.

It is possible that the protection also plays a bad trick here. It works in the editor so I think it is the propertzy ppProtectedPar in protected prop

Zitat

3. Undo - does not seem to undo the deletion of that row.

Please activete StreamUndoOperation when editing a WPReport template.

• Zitat

It is possible that the protection also plays a bad trick here. It works in the editor so I think it is the propertzy ppProtectedPar in protected prop

I have ppProtected set as True (necessary so that users cannot type text into the middle of a field!), and ppParProtected set as false.

Still, I cannot insert a space after inserting a field, yet CAN enter text after the '<' and before the 'FIELDNAME>'

Ideas?

• I now have set
    ppProtected := True;
    ppHidden := False;
    ppIsInsertpoint := False;
    ppAutomatic := True;
    ppIsInvisible := False;
    ppParProtected := False;
    ppProtectSelectedTexttoo := False;
    ppDontCopyProtectedAttribute:=False;
    ppDontUseAttrOfProtected:=False;
    ppNoEditAfterProtection := False;
    ppInsertBetweenProtectedPar := False;
    ppAllowEditAtTextEnd := True;
    ppAllExceptForEditFields := False;

Now what happens is that a field is inserted <FIELDNAME> and it now lets me insert spaces after the closing > and also lets me delete the field, including in a table.
    BUT, because the "<" and the "FIELDNAME>" are separate, I can insert text between them, which I don't want to allow. It is not an insert point, just a field tag on the screen for mail-merging. Also I can delete the first "<" leaving a useless "FIELDNAME>" on the page.

Thanks for you help

Trevor