to show invisible characters

• Code
    wpShowCR - show a paragraph symbol at the end of a paragraph
    wpShowFF - displays a page break symbol at the end of a paragraph when the next paragraph starts on a new page
    wpShowNL - displays an arrow for a new line
    wpShowSPC - shows a dot for the code #32 (SPACE)
    wpShowHardSPC - shows a dot for the code #160 (non breaking space)
    wpShowTAB - show an arrow in the place of tabstops (suppressed if fillsigs are active)
  • WPTools uses something to tell itself that text is bold, underline, italic 12 point or 72 point etc.

I accept that the raw text as saved in a wpt file is pretty incomprehensible, however, it can be translatted into HTML and rtf and vice versa so it should be possible to display the common level of formatting information in a comprehensible fashion. I could write stuff to show a document using html but I suspect that a large number of formatting possibilities would have to be ignored and translating back into internal format as the document was edited would be non-trivial that's why I'd be quite happy for you to do it <g>

Have a nice break.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

>> so it should be possible to display the common level of formatting information in a comprehensible fashion

Since WPTools 5 uses a quite universal way to store properties there are methods to show the current properties:

For paragraphs or styles (both inherit of TWPTextStyle)

function AGetWPSS(Names, CharAttr, TabAttr: Boolean; OnlyUsePTag: Boolean = FALSE; Abbreviated: Boolean = FALSE): AnsiString;

With the character attributes, current writing mode etc, all inheriting of TWPAbstractCharAttrInterface

function GetWPCSS

This creates a "WP" CSS string.

You can also assign a string, for example if you edited that information or stored it to be used as a template.

Those strings can be read, styles such as "bold" however are encoded into bitfields. Since WPTools can differentiate between OFF and UNDEFINED there are two elements, the CharStyleMask and CharStyleON.

The names which are used in WPCSS strings are close to the WPAT constant names.

>> Have a nice break.

Thanks. 5 days in Austria, will be great!

Julian