Split Table Cell

• Hi,

Can you tell me the method to be used to split a table cell. I can see how to merge table cells using the TextCursor, but not split them.

Can you also tell me how to insert the equivalent of a Section Break - Next Page as in Microsoft Word so that I can set up different page orientations within the same document.

I have just experimented with opening a Word Rich Text File which has different page orientations in the same document and the control shows them properly. But if I save the document using the control, the page orientation is lost if I open them back up in Word. The control still shows the corrent orientations when re-opened by the TextDynamic control.

Any suggestions why this would be happening.

Thanks
    Rob

• Julian,

I also can't get individual table cell borders to work. What is the code to to change, for example, only the top border.

Also, I need to be able to insert sections in documents and change the orientation on the sections only as you can do in Microsoft Word. How do you do this. TextCursor.InputSection doesn't seem to do it.

Have a good break.

Rob

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

sorry, my last post was broken because of the << signs.

Zitat

Can you also tell me how to insert the equivalent of a Section Break - Next Page as in Microsoft Word so that I can set up different page orientations within the same document.

StartSection did actually work but the problem was set the change in the section properties was not used since they were not selected. The next release will automatically select the property after it was changed once, example:

Code
    IWPPageSize sect;
    sect = wpdllInt1.TextCursor.InputSection(1);
    sect.Landscape = true; 
    wpdllInt1.ReleaseInt(sect);

Zitat

Can you tell me the method to be used to split a table cell. I can see how to merge table cells using the TextCursor, but not split them.

wpdllInt1.wpaProcess("SplitCells",""); will split the current or the selected cells.

Regards,
    Julian

• Julian,

thanks but I am still having dramas.

When I use this code and anything else I can think of I can't get the page orientation to apply only to the section. It always applies it to the whole document.

Also, once the section has been included (which I can get to work) how do I select it at a later time to apply formatting only to that section. I can't find a select method which allows me to select a section.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Zitat

When I use this code and anything else I can think of I can't get the page orientation to apply only to the section. It always applies it to the whole document.

This was the problem because of the internal "select" bitfield. I now uploaded V1.36 which automatically sets the respective bit as soon as you access Landscape. That bitfield can also be changed using the sec.SetProp method (requires V1.35.5 or later).

Zitat

Also, once the section has been included (which I can get to work) how do I select it at a later time to apply formatting only to that section. I can't find a select method which allows me to select a section.

From V1.36 on InputSection(-1) will return null or the interface to modify the section which is valid at this position.

Regards,

Julian Ziersch