Support of arabic documents

• I was asked by a customer to test for compatibility of my applications with Arabic. I found that while text in arabic are displayed properly, when one select a portion of text, the highlighted text goes from left to right so is inversed for an arabic reader.

I didn't set any specific options but I did notice that there are some RightToLeft values associated with some options, so I wonder which one I should use as the default value for the WPRichText component in order for the component to display text properly whether it is an Arabic or an English text.

Should I add some program settings so that the user can manually enable a specific option or will the program adjust automatically (provided I use the proper setting)?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

WPTools 4 does not have true support for arabic. It has some support for RTL because if reverses the character order when the arabix or hebrew charset is detected. But that does not deal with the speciality that arabic chars change depending on their position in a word.

Julian