WPViewPDF-Demo and some Problems

• Hi,

Please see this file.

This is a small PDF File in german containing some bitmaps. I've tried to display and print it using the latest wpViewPDF Demo.

Some problems here:

* one bitmap is not displayed at all, one bitmap is displayed in a wrong color scheme
    * german umlauts are not displayed, they are only displayed if I disable the "advanced text rendering for embedded fonts"
    * if I use the printit.exe utility to print this pdf, german umlauts are replaced by a strange symbol character, same bitmap issues...

So I am a little bit puzzled, can you help me? I'd love to use it to implement an embedded pdf viewer / printer in a VCL-application...

Thanks,

Daniel

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

* one bitmap is not displayed at all, one bitmap is displayed in a wrong color scheme

RGB, grayscale and CMYK JPEG are supported.

* german umlauts are not displayed, they are only displayed if I disable the "advanced text rendering for embedded fonts"

I have to check if an update to the FreeType module helps here. With compressed fonts it does not seem to find the gylphs.

* if I use the printit.exe utility to print this pdf, german umlauts are replaced by a strange symbol character, same bitmap issues...

Please check what kind of PDF you have. I saw pretty corrpted PDF files, mostly by wrong settings in ghost script based printer drivers.

• Hi,

thanks for answering.

Zitat von wpsupport

Please check what kind of PDF you have. I saw pretty corrpted PDF files, mostly by wrong settings in ghost script based printer drivers.

Well I was just checking out the demo with a few PDFs I have here and was wondering why I found so many problems (sorry).

I didn't read about the limitations yet, I am looking for a possibility to display pdf's embedded in a Delphi application. Not all pdf's will be generated out of my software, so the limitations may hit several times...

Sorry to be rather negative, but I have to say the display bugs disappointed me a bit... I'm not sure if I will buy wpViewPDF.

Regards, Daniel