WPTools and Addict LiveSpell

• Hello,

I posted this originally at the Addict forums, but the guys over there suggested that I post here. The problem is that the Addict LiveSpell red underlines aren't always synchronized with the settings in the component. You can see this by running the demo (the Addict guys directed me to http://www.addictivesoftware.com/3rdparty.htm, but I guess there is probably one at WPTools, too) and following these steps:

1) Check your spell-check settings to make sure that 'Ignore words containing numbers' is unchecked.

2) In the editor, type a word that contains numbers (it should be underlined in red at this point)

3) Run Spell Check

4) Select Options.. and check 'Ignore words containing numbers'

5) Click OK and close the spell-check dialog.

6) Notice that the word with numbers is still underlined. (Also, you can right-click on that word and select Spelling..., but nothing happens. This causes confusion for users, making them think that spell-checking is 'broken'.)

7) Now toggle off and on any one of the following:
    >> a) the 'Use Live Spell Checking' box at the bottom of the demo screen, or
    >> b) the 'Spell As You Go' option of the Extras menu, or
    >> c) the 'Check spelling as you type' box in Spelling -> Options...

8) Now the word with numbers is correctly un-marked.

I would expect that changes made to any of the spelling settings would apply immediately to the LiveSpelling red underlines, particularly since 7c does so. And the same results can be seen using the 'Ignore words in UPPERCASE' options, as well.

I am using Addict 3.4.5 Pro and WPTools 5.0 Release 20.5c.

• I knew our version was old, though I wasn't sure how old. I can talk to the powers-that-be about upgrading the component, but quite frankly, it will be a while before the upgrade could actually happen.

Since step 7c (above) does refresh the editor automatically, is there any other way to clear out the buffer and repaint, aside from programmatically toggling that property every time the options closes? I realize that it would work, but it looks pretty hokey in the code, and so I was wondering if there might be a better solution.