Hard times installing WP4 on D7

• After a crash I'm installing 3'd-part components. I can install the WPTool packages and see the components in the component tab, but the next time I start Delphi 7 I get error messages.

One saying (translated):
    "This program could not start because WPShared_D7_RT wasn't found"

and another that it (semi-translated):
    "Cannot load package c:\programmer\borland\delphi7\projects\bpl\WPShared_D7_RT.BPL. The specified module wasn't found"

The files all exist and are in the directory together with all the other BPL-files. The path is registered in library, search, output pathes. Can anyone help me? I have reinstalled WPTools 4-5 times now and are kind of tired.

Before WPTools I have installed QuickReport and Addictive spell

• Isn't pretty but I think it's working.

I choose the "If Mohammed won't come the Mountain, the Mountain must come to him"-approach. I copied all the WP packages into Delphi7\bin after installing the components. Thereafter startup was problemless. The "Install package" dialog states (when clicking on a package) that it is looking into the Projects\Bpl directory - I don't think so anymore.

If anyone knows the right procedure I'll be very interested to know.

Delphi and 3'party components is Hell. It shouldn't be necessary to spend one working day reinstalling 6 packages!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

WPTools 4 consisted of 4 packages. 2 runtime (RT) and 2 designtime packages.

The correct order to build is

Shared_RT
    WPTools_RT
    Shared
    WPTools

the BPL destination must be in the system search path - as usual.

Another approach :

build a new designtime-only package.

Import the units wptools.pas and wpshared.pas. Delphi will add the required packages and then install the BPLs.

Julian