How to enable the red curly lines (spellcheck)

• Hello,

i want to use the red curly lines from the spell check to mark some text. This mark has nothing to do with spelling but i need a mark that does not affect the other text properties and can be removed later.

I have selected the text and included "afsMisspelled" to the current style.

I expected to see the red curly line but all text marked in that way was displayed in bold afterwards. No curly red line was displayed

Is it possible to use the spelling mechanism for that purpose or do you have another suggestion?

I need a way to visually mark some text and this marks should be removed when the text is saved so i cannot use the background color for example because the text could have a different background color for some parts when it is loaded and this would be overwritten by the marking.

Thanks in advance,
    Ralf

• Hi,

I had not seen that i have to start the spell check and handle the checker event to see the red lines (i expected that it would be enough to include the flag afsMisspelled)

The use of the spell checker as "special marker" is currently only some kind of workaround. Can you give me a hint how i could mark some text and later remove this marks without touching any of the original formatting of the file?

Ciao,
    Ralf