Why is the raw dll interfaces so weakly documented?

• Don't get me wrong, I like your product and I'm *very* close to commit myself on it. But I had to dig in multiple places to get a view of native dll interfaces. Creating a window in pure Win32 model (Petzold style) with your dll is easy. Just need to know the class name and then it is only a matter of finding the right messages to send or expect to / from the window to interact with it. Short of a minor detail which I'm still debugging today, I could even build a control class in MFC which encapsulate pretty well the visual control.

But I had to dig in your C# interface to find most of my answers. Maybe the documentation might see some improvements in a future version. Again don't get me wrong, I'm mostly impressed with what I have seen.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Zitat

Creating a window in pure Win32 model (Petzold style) with your dll is easy. Just need to know the class name and then it is only a matter of finding the right messages to send or expect to / from the window to interact with it. Short of a minor detail which I'm still debugging today, I could even build a control class in MFC which encapsulate pretty well the visual control.

Yes, I did this once, too. But not in MFC but in Dephi (as native windows code).

Actually the knowlwdge to do it has faded and so we cannot officially support this anymore.

The unit PDFViewCommands.PAS BTW contains all the constants and some comments how to use them.

Julian