Events during Print ?

• I really would *love* if the viewer window sends some WM_PDF_EVENT (events IDs to your liking) so that it reports progress during the print process. When I view a 10 pages document and prints it like this:

SendMessage(WM_USER+79, 155, 1); // COMMAND, ShrinkIfRequired
    SendMessage(WM_USER+79, 32, 0); // COMMAND, PrintDialog

I have no opportunity to display any progress window. That would not be luxury to be able to do it. Now think about it with a 100 pages report. Along the same lines, some way to cancel the print in progress wouldn't be luxury too. But it comes one priority level below, I think.

Note that I wouldn't mind if you prefer to handle the progress window from within the component. The goal is to have one, so that users are not left in the dark.

Now the stupid question: is this already there and did I miss something obvious?

• Zitat

A progress bare is not possible though since you cannot know on which page the printer spooler is working. The printing itself is usually faster than the spooling time.

Sure. I'm asking for events (one per each page sent to the print job) while printing between the open and close of the printer device. What happens afterwards (windows actually printing), I don't care. I only care of the portion of time when the component is busy sending pages to the spooler, because during that time, without some visual feedback, its mostly dead to the end-user. We're talking printing PDF files of tens or hundreds of pages. it can take some significant seconds to send 100 pages to the spool job.
    I think we understood each other on this topic.
    Thanks for considering it for a later version.

• Zitat von winpple

I'm asking for events (one per each page sent to the print job) while printing between the open and close of the printer device. ... Thanks for considering it for a later version.

I have installed and tested (a bit) the latest version (2.23.1.0) and I have discovered the new events for start, page and end of print. I have implemented my progress bar using these, and it looks it works perfect. Thanks for this enhancement.