Big problem with duplex printing

• Hi to all,

i have a problem when i try to print a document with a Printer that support Duplex printing. It seem WpTools don't use the Duplex print settings of my printer and alwais print only one page per sheet.

I have see some previous message in this news group about problem with duplex printing but the only solution seem to be setting WpTools property PrintParameter.PrintDuplex = wpdHorizontal or wpdVertical in my code. But with this solution my customer can't control duplex print with standard printer control panel.
    Can i do something else? For my point of view this is not an acceptable solution for a WordProcessor library where the first mission is treating document and printing it.

Please tell me something, this is a big problem for my customer and if i can't solve it with WpTools i must leave it ...

Best regards,
    Enrico Raviglione.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

I think I must get a duplex printer... - I assume the problem is the code which changes the settings of the duplex printer as a sideffect of changing the general setup.
    This code is executed depending on the setting for
    PrintParameter.printduplex.

Please dispable the

in function TWPPrinterEngine.UpdatePrinterProperties, unit WPPrint.PAS to select the mode which was set in the printer dialog.

Julian

• Hi,
    i find your function in WpPrint.pas module (WpTools 4.11) and i see this:

then, how i must change your code ?