Change Log / What's new since V5.40

• Hi,

I downloaded the latest V5 (5.48). I haven't installed as I need to do some testing etc before installing. I was looking for a what's new / what's changed. I found something in WP5_manuals.zip, but it stopped at Release 43. Would you say what has changed here or give me a link / pointer where to look.

Also in terms of 5 -> 6, is there a detailed list of changes and should I be able to drop in 6 to replace 5?

As always, I am hoping to use the product more in the future, it is just as soon as we get something "good enough", it is time to move on to something else.

Thanks.
    Jason

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

You can drop in V6 instead of V5 - the interface is unchanged, just extended.

This is a quote form the history.txt V5:

Code
    21.4.2009 V5.0 Release 48++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++- written merged cells more "Word friendly" to RTF- updates to better support padding in cells- some stability improvements27.1.2009 V5.0 Release 47++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++* improved code for better D2009 support (requires PRO)+ publishes property FormatOptionEx217.1.2009 V5.0 Release 47+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ EditOptionEx wpDontPreserveObjectsAgainstDeletion - to avoid recreation of hyperlink objects after cleariong selected text- fix problem in ImageObject LoadFromStream when GraphicEx is used- fix problem with Delphi 2009 when loading WPReporter templates (requires PRO license)- fix problem with HTML reader with paragraph style of first paragraph25.11.2008 V5.0 Release 45++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++* DataProvider now uses MergeText('',true) instead of MergeText- improvement to load RTF correctle when using Delphi 2009- fix to avoid AF due to wrong compiler optiomation - fixed handling of buletted, centered paragraphs with tabstops18.10.2008 V5.0 Release 44++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++* WPTools PRO and PREMIUM:      several changes to fix problems which occured with use of Delphi 2009+ new flag ProtectedProp: ppNoEditBeforeProtection- no text insertion witin protected text at start of paragraph if prvios end of line was protected* ReplaceDialog will not replace protected text anymore7.10.2008 V5.0 Release 43.2++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++- fix: Objects on other pages than first were not movable+ FormatOptionEx flag: wpfDontIgnoreEmptyHeader to also keep distance for empty headers29.9.2008 V5.0 Release 43.1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++- some code fixes in HTML reader + writer- WPManageHeaderFooter dialog focusses the main form so text input is possible after creating header/footer- Code change to improve compatibility with DevExpress toolbar- fix in setup exe26.9.2008 V5.0 Release 43++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++- WPTools PRO / PREMIUM can be now compiled with Delphi 2009 (several changes)- fix bug in InsertClass method- GetPageOfBookmark works for all bookmarks- Code to move images has been updated24.9.2008 V5.0 Release 42++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++- ANSI writer: Separates cells by TABS and rows by CRNL- DB Control now switches to readonly when dataset does not use AutoEdit- Fix in preview dialog property DisabledDialogs- PREMIUM: improvement to TextBox selekting - improvement to MeasurePage event* some enhancements to API17.7.2008 V5.0 Release 40.1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++- PaperColor can be set to clWhite if clWindow is different- update to writer class to avoid compiler bug- small improvement in WPReporter to avoid double page breaks after groups15.7.2008 V5.0 Release 40++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++* WPREMIUM: tables are handled in columns better* RTF did not save foreign characters in current codepage correctly when <> cp1252* WPReporter - a group with "always hidden" will never be processed * Better Landscape setting when printing - there was a problem with tables in sections

And this from V6