-> Can't install on Delphi2007

• Hi,
    just downloaded the latest version of WPTools5 Standard and I just can't install it in my Delphi/C++Builder 2007 environment.
    Each time I try to compile the package or install the supplied .BPL, it refers to an internal bug, clearly a link to a local file with WPCubed local directories.
    I get
    Cannot open file "S:\S\WPT5\VCL\WPRTEPaint.ps", The path is not found

If I compile it I get
    WPRTEPaint.pas(1): F2039 Could not create output file "S:\S\WPT5\VCL\WPRTEPaint.hpp'

Obvisouly, it still links to something from WPCubed but that has no place in a release.

I searched every option of the linker, the path, the output directories, etc. There is no reference at all to this link.
    The project files themselves don't show this link.

The only place where I found it is embedded in the DCU files! So I'm stuck.
    It's in wprtepaint.dcu abd wprtepaint.obj

Any way to get rid of this outside reference that should not have been released in the package?
    Thanks for any help

• Offizieller Beitrag

The IDE won't ask for the PAS file if it is happy with the DCU file.

For some reason, in Your case it is not. This can be a difference of installed DCU file or compiler version.

The DCUs were compiled using RAD Studio Version 11.0.2804.9245.

Esspecially when used with C++Builder I would recommend to get the PRO version.

Kind Regards,

Julian

• I installed it for Delphi 2007 and it does install files into the directory I told it to use, but it doesn't install anything in the IDE itself.
    That's why I tried to recompile the thing as mentioned in the readme file by opening the WPTools5_D11_W32.dpk file.
    I set the path to the D2007 directory, and it doesn't compile.

My Delphi 2007 IDE version is 11.0.2902.10471

So this means I can't install it?
    Anyway, when releasing a version, you should definitely clean all references to files local to your environment.

For now I'm porting my apps to Delphi 2007 and want to make sure that all my VCL components work fine in the IDE. So I don't plan to move to the PRO version yet.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von sjordi

I installed it for Delphi 2007 and it does install files into the directory I told it to use, but it doesn't install anything in the IDE itself.
    That's why I tried to recompile the thing as mentioned in the readme file by opening the WPTools5_D11_W32.dpk file.
    I set the path to the D2007 directory, and it doesn't compile.

Does anybody know something here? I rarely use Delphi 2007 - just to check. SO I don't know what complications there are possible.

Zitat von sjordi

Anyway, when releasing a version, you should definitely clean all references to files local to your environment.

I doubt there is a way to make Delphi not embed those pathnames into the DCU files.

Zitat von sjordi

For now I'm porting my apps to Delphi 2007 and want to make sure that all my VCL components work fine in the IDE. So I don't plan to move to the PRO version yet.

Delphi 2007 is no problem, C++Builder 2007 is a different story. YOu will need the PRO version here.