[URGENT] latest version. Flicker on screen

• Sorry to have tagged it as urgent, but I have 30+ users waiting on this one.

Since the last release of WP, my users are experiencing a flicker on the first lines of a paragraph while they are typing.

to reproduce is easy; drop a tWprichtext on a form; double click on it with starts the default editor and type a paragraph of several lines; the longer the words, the more visible it will be: when you type after the first few lines, the first lines of the paragraph are quickly flickering whilst the paragraph is being repainted.

I am sure there is a setup somewhere I am not aware of, but I cannot find it.

Note it seems to happen with V5 (the one I have got) and V6 (my client bought that version). on XP and Vista. It is more visible with Times New Roman font, but also happens on Arial.

Any help will be very much appreciated

Didier

• Hi,

in standard setup I see no flickering at all. The "application server mode", available in WPTools 6 can introduce flickering though.

Do You see such flickering in one of the demos, too?

Julian

• I was just about to report that but setting

wpfusekerning under formatoptionsex2 to true the flicker stops;

could it be that this was set to true before and defaults to false now; I do not remember ever changing this parameter value.

Didier

• then I don't understand why the flicker appears in 5 unless the behavoir underlying wpfusekerning has been backported to 5 in the most recent releases.

I have regrattably deleted all previous versions of 5; anyway I could get my hands on an 'old' one ? to check

Didier