Is TextDynamic equivalent to wpTools?

• We develop in C# and delphi. I have wptools v4 and plan to upgrade to 6. I'm wondering if I can also get textDynamic so I can implement the same functionality in dotnet apps that would work side-by-side with delphi apps. This would be an early step in a slow migration of a delphi system to dotnet.

Given that the name textDynamic is so very different from wpTools, I expect that they are very different products. Is that right? Will I be able to use the same rtf templates for merging?

Jeremy

• Having posted my question, I scanned the older posts & see you answered a very similar one back in january 07. (What is a difference between WPTools and TextDynamic.net?).

Does this answer still hold true? I don't see any posts from folks who actually have done what I want to do; do you know of any pitfalls or problems with using the same instance of a template in both a wptools app and a textDynamic app? I realize the code in my C# apps will be very different from that in my D7/D2010 apps.

Jeremy

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

TextDynamic is based on WPTools - it uses the latest WPTools engine V6 including some addons.

The interfaces have been completely rewritten, but still, the interfaces for mailmerge (the fields) and changing attributes are very similar to those introduced with WPTools V5.

Due to technical reasons directly access to the datastructures, as in WPTools, is not possible. So You cannot create a "loop over all paragraphs". But there are other solutuions if you need this.

Julian