WPTools6 using converter to open MS Word document

• In my application I am using WPTools6 for quick preview of MS Word files (2003 and 2010 formats). I'm using function LoadWithConverter to show content of DOC file in TWPRichText component.

The problem I have is that after loading file, the file stays open and is locked. So if user wants to edit this file in MS Word, it gets warning that file is locked and he can only see a read only copy. That usually doesn't happen with DOC files without embedded objects (for example without VISIO objects or MathType formulas). When user opens next file in application, the previous file is closed.

What will be the solution? Is this normal behavior of WPTools? I thought that when you load a file in TWPRichText using converter, everything is stored in memory? Can I explicitly close file after using LoadWithConverter?

Thanks for help.

Matjaz

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

If it does not happen with all files it seems something what the converter DLL is doing. What it does, is not under our control.

I checked the code - it even unloads the converter with FreeLibrary(ConverterHandle);

But I know, it is usual behavoir of MS Word.

Julian