Tables - Wrapping columns?

• Does WPTools7 wrap tables with a fixed number of rows and fixed-width columns that do not fit across a page? Or does this have to done in code by the using application? The number of table columns is not known until run-time.

For example, a table might have 10 rows and 20 columns, but to fit on a page the table needs to be split into two tables, one after another, with columns 1-10 in the first and 11-20 in the second. It would also be handy to have repeating header columns in the wrapped tables.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

no, it does not, but splitting up a simple table with Y rows and X columns in multiple tables can be done by code. It should not be too difficult since it is possible to access each cell randomly in the original table and there are also paragraph copy functions.

The solution for printout would be to create a overly wide page and at print time use PrintPageToCanvas to print part of the view to several pages. This is, what I think is Excell is doing.

Julian

• Hi Julian,

I thought so but I thought it better to check anyway. It would be nice to have the Excel-like behaviour of being able to allow table-wrap and nominate header rows and columns for pagination of extended tables.

Thanks for your quick response and suggestions.

Cheers,
    Steve