Copy to clipboard strips spaces

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Using the COMPDF_CopyToClibrd command results in spaces being stripped, when the selected text originally contained spaces.

Some PDF do not contains spaces, only display distances between characters. Such virtual spaces cannot be restored. In general the spaces should be there. It would be interesting to see the PDF text.

Julian

• Looking at the PDF in a hex editor I can't tell whether the spaces are there or not because I can't see the plain text. I guess it is maybe Unicode or something. It's actually the PDF documentation for prototype.js that I was experimenting with. I'll send it along.

For interest, Adobe Reader gets the spaces when copying to the clipboard.

Colin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Zitat

Looking at the PDF in a hex editor I can't tell whether the spaces are there or not because I can't see the plain text. I guess it is maybe Unicode or something. It's actually the PDF documentation for prototype.js that I was experimenting with. I'll send it along.

Thanks, I can decode it.

Zitat

For interest, Adobe Reader gets the spaces when copying to the clipboard.

Yes, there are possibilities to simulate the spaces from the positions. WPViewPDF used one in the past, too. But having spaced where they should not be was a major drawback.

But maybe there are spaces in the PDF and there is a different problem.

Julian