WPPDFPrinter and WPPDFExport

• Hello Jullian,

I am searching and researching the properties of WPPDFExport and WPPDFPrinter.
    Noted that the wpdfexport is used to generate pdf from RTF (wprichtext) and wpdfprinter is making changes to a pdf file.
    I could not develop changes in wpdfprinter, could explain me about this component?

Some properties were not included:
    CanvasReference
    ConvertMetafileToBitmap
    CreateOutlines
    DebugMetafilePath
    DebugMode
    InputfileMode
    MergeStart **
    PDFReadMode
    ReaplaceBullets
    Tag

Thank you for listening.
    Sorry for my English.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

neither component makes changes to a PDF file - other than the ability to append new pages.

Both components are basically the same, the WPPDFExport has the added ability to be connected to a TWPRichText component to export the text in it. Internally it converts pages to metafilesd which are than sent to the PDF engine.

CanvasReference - use the screen or the printer as reverence for the drawing canvas. Internally it is the reference for the TMEtafile which is created.

ConvertMetafileToBitmap - this is used by WPTools export. Embedded Metafiles are converted to bitmaps prior to export.

CreateOutlines - some paragraphs which are specially marked will be used to create outlines - als called bookmarks in PDF

DebugMetafilePath
    DebugMode - created debugging metafiles (dump the data which is sent to the PDF engine)

InputfileMode - the PDF engine can use an existing PDF file to append to it. It is not recommended to use the watermark feature since this was only working for Acrobat 4.

MergeStart - not used for WPTools. This is a simple possibility to create callbacks for certain text which start with a token.

Tag - thats the usual VCL integer property for any use.

Julian