Tables get too many resources

• Hello,

I'm evaluating WPtools, and in my test I created two groups (master-detail), with header for each group and a text band, for data.

Then, I created my report, using 21,400 records; total pages = 348.
    Everything done fast: the time elapsed from the end of the records fetching from database, and the first page seen on screen, was about 2 seconds.

To better show my data, I created tables with my fields inside cells.
    Then, I created my report with again 21,400 records... I can't see the end: it's very time consuming, not to talk about memory eating!

Without tables, report eats 38MB of memory.
    With tables, report eats 228MB of memory, and it is so slow that I can't wait for it to finish.

So, have I to use tables in a particular way, or setup some properties to get results as fast as possible?

Thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

In WPTools 3 the tables were really memory consuming, in Version 4 ist just attaches this record of about 30 bytes to each of the cells - I doubt this can be the reason.
    Maybe for any reason the the cpacity of each paragraph / cell was not optimized during the creation of the table.

Did you use WPReporter or regular mailmerge with FastAppendText ?

Julian Ziersch

• I used two WPRichText, for source and destination containers, named "WPsource" and "WPdest".
    In "WPdest" I also disabled Undo option.

Then, I placed a WPSuperMerge component, and called its "Execute" method, to start the mailmerge process.

To replace fields with datas, I use the TWPSuperMerge.OnGetText method, assigning values to Contents.StringValue variable.

There is also a DBWPEvalEngine component, with no source code added. I used it to test automatic formulas, with fields, but it exists in both my test (with or without tables).

Do you want the source RTF file, to see if there is something wrong in it?

Thanks

• Hi, thank you for your support.
    If it can help you, I made little test.

My source report is composed of:
    - header band
    - group "main"
    - - header band
    - - group "detail"
    - - - header band
    - - - text band
    - - - ... (fields) ...
    - - group end
    - group end

If I use fields, without tables, everything allright.
    If i use one row of seven empty table cells, instead of ... (fields) ..., there is large memory eating.

I thought problem was for fields inside table cells...

Did you discover anything?