WPRichText does not detect Spell Change event in a MDIChild!

• Hi,

There seems to be a problem with the following property not changing state after a WPSpell word Change from within a MDIChild dialog. WPSpell detects and replace the word but does not change the state of the WPRichText Object

WPRichText1->Modified

I verified and the same property works Fine when the WPRichText dialog is Not part of the MDIChild ( sample WPSpell C++ code provided by WPCubed support)!

Is there an alternative to 'Modified' in case this property is not supposed to get set in a MDIChild when WPSPell replaces a word?

Thanks

Note: The WPSpell Object was include once as part of the MDI Parent.
    WPTools 6.0
    WPSpell 1.x
    Borlanc C++ Builder 6.0

• Julian, Hi

Not sure I understnd, son't all Builder Events are Triggered based?

Here the same question in a different light, is there an Event or Events associated with WPSpell Dialog's 'Change' and 'Change All' buttons?

Thanks

• Julian,

Would this be a patch and also free for current WPSpell license holders or a New release and not so free?

Please provide the WpSpell version number and the download instructions ( location, passkey etc. ) in case it is a free download.

Thanks

• Julian, Hi

The latest WPSpell v1.0 (02-22-2010) installed fine but the problem with MDIChild not detecting the Spell Change still remains :?

I remove the WPTools 5.0 Package and re-installed the package with the latest WPSPell in tow. Could it be that I should have cleaned the WPTools directory before rebuilding the WpTools package?

I'll ask another developer to verify my results but as before the Spell Change is detected in a non-MDIChild (Modal) Object but not in a MDIChild.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

the new version
    a) implements the events BeforeChange : TWPChangeEvent and AfterChange. That could help.
    b) Calls "changing" and "ChangeApplied" methods of the current editor in wpspell_link.pas. This makes the events and the Modified flag working.

Code
    procedure TWPToolsSpellInterface.Changed;
    begin
      inherited Changed;
    {$IFDEF WPTOOLS5}
      if FCurrEdit<>nil then
         FCurrEdit.ChangeApplied;
    {$ENDIF}
    end;

Julian