Printing prints zeros in place of text

• I have one customer that when he prints using the following statement from our app:
    wp.PrintPageOnCanvas( Printer.Canvas, r, pLp, pmMode, 100 );

Results in a page with all zeros in place of any text.

wp.WYSIWYG = true
    wp.ScreenResMode = rmNormal

Printer = HP 5150
    WinXP

Print preview is fine, and he can export the report to a PDF, and it is fine (and prints fine from the PDF). All other Window programs also print fine... just our app screws up for this one customer... of course, I'm hoping it is not occuring with customers who are evaluating our product and haven't bought it due to this problem!

Any ideas?? Here is a clue which may be of importance...

We have a routine which creates a PPC, Personal Product Code, based on some text fields. If the text is read from our database, it creates the PPC correctly... however, if it takes this data and puts it into a TEdit box, and then creates the PPC from TEdit.Text, the PPC is not created properly (even though it displays the TEdit.Text properly and reads and writes that data properly to the database).

So I am wondering if the customer has some character set issue configured in a way that would screw up both TEdit boxes and printing... i.e. ANSI vs ASCII?? MBCS?

I am using Delphi 5 on WinXP, and WPTools 4.11d

The customer is remote, and not very computer literate, so it is not easy to troubleshoot (cannot reproduce so far)... so any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• two corrections...

1) Customer is using WinME not WinXP
    2) Print preview is not quite ok... while it does display the text rather than zeros like it does on the printout, the spacing between characters is way off.

• Zitat

2) Print preview is not quite ok... while it does display the text rather than zeros like it does on the printout, the spacing between characters is way off.

I've seen something like this with older HP Laser and Inkjet drivers -- is you customer running the latest version of the printer drivers?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

I would try a different font to see whats happening then.

In the event of low resources I have not seen '0' printout - usually you don't see anything or, you get the printer control commands (PCL) on an enless count of pages. (I get this from time to time when printing bitmaps with corel and the printer is not warmed up and got is daily care)

Uicode can produce similar problems if it is nor understood. Please try to switch the memory format to fmRichText ( not unicode)

Julian

• The report has several fonts, and all are acting the same.

Unfortunately, the MemoryFormat is already set to fmRichText.

I'm going to check his printer driver tomorrow personally... after talking with the guy who helped him install it, I am not so confident as I was that it was done properly... we'll see.