WPViewPDF is a powerful pdf viewer control which allows you to view and print PDF data. The data can be loaded from memory, file or stream. As "PLUS" edition it can be used to merge PDF files into a new, single file. You can extract PDF pages or delete pages. It is also possible to add vector and text graphic to PDF files (stamping).
Unlike many competing products WPViewPDF displays even large PDF files instantly.
This component has been developed as a window class which makes it compatible to most Windows based development systems.
Out of the box it can be used as ActiveX (OCX), in .NET development environments (i.e. Visual Studio 2010) and as VCL in Delphi and C++Builder.
You can download a demo which includes the component as .NET, Delphi and ActiveX component and a small example application. The source for the components (C# and Pascal) is included as well.
It also includes an executable demo.
The new Version 3 is the result of extensive work. We completely re-thought the logic which is require to load, render and manipulate PDF data to create this new version. It makes use of clever and effective caching for quick response times. It also makes use of multithreading for better user interaction.
We revised the PrintHDC method - printing to any windows device should be now much easier to do than before and produce higher quality.
The multithreaded scrolling viewer can change quickly change between zoom states and various layout modes, including multi column display and side by side page layout. It can also display a separate thumbnail view to the PDF.
Unlike version 1 and 2 the new version 3 uses floating point numbers for graphic output which offers better print results for many PDF files. Despite the higher text rendering quality, printing will be faster since less data has to be transferred to the printer.
Version 3 PLUS introduce a new stamping method which also it to place objects or highlighting rectangles on the page. This objects can be moved and sized by the user. But we also implemented the scripted stamping because it makes it so easy to add titles or page numbers to a range of pages.
You can modify the existing bookmarks by loading the structure as XML. It is also possible to extract the current bookmarks as XML.
Text extraction now also creates text in rich text format (RTF) - here the logic tries to make use of PDF tags to keep text together which belongs together.
The field support has been enhanced for better compatibility with existing PDF files. We work to add the ability to create new fields to the "PLUS" Edition.
Supports 32 bit and also 64 bit applications!
If you only need PDF printing, for example in a C or C++ application, you can access the method pdfPrint directly.
You can use pdfMakeJPEG to convert certain PDF pages to JPEG and also PNG files.
With the PLUS edition You can use pdfMerge to combine PDF files and use pdfConvertToTIFF to create a multipage TIFF file.
This methods are also available as "W" functions to accept unicode strings.
- If you need to embed a PDF viewer into your application, then you need WPViewPDF since this will, most likely, no longer be allowed with the Acrobat(tm) Viewer Version 6 or later.)
- If you need to load PDF files from memory, then you need WPViewPDF which will allow you to load PDF files from any stream. The stream interface makes it possible for you to use your own encryption/decryption scheme for the loading process.
- If you need to print the PDF files created by your own application, then you need WPViewPDF which makes it possible to print several PDF files using just one printer job without starting any external application
- If you need to use information from PDF files as background images in your application, then you need WPViewPDF since it has the ability to extract PDF pages as metafiles or print to a windows device (HDC).
- You can offer the user the ability to add custom texts and highlighting areas to a PDF file.
- You can extract text from PDF under program control
- Create a transparent highlight rectangle on a page and move it under program control (or let the user drag and move it)
- Read and write (PLUS Edition) to fields on PDF frorms. This makes it possible to fill out such forms under program control.
- Last but not least: Imagine a powerful and versatile print and preview which is based completely on PDF files. The PDF files can be viewed, printed (with WPViewPDF or Acrobat(tm) Reader), stored or send via e-mail!
- Multithreaded scrolling window for fast reaction on scroll and zoom commands.
- Optional thumbnail window.
- Completely new rendering based using floating point coordinates.
- much improved support for embedded fonts, such as subset fonts.
- Updated image rendering for faster dispülay of large JPEG images and anti aliased display of monochrome images.
- support for Type3 fonts.
- Support for 128 bit AES decryption
- Can optionally use external plugin to support JBIG2 encoded images
- Support for LAB colors and transparent colors.
- Improved Acro-field rendering, read and update (with PLUS).
- Faster printing with several stretching options.
- Improved and enhanced PDF to image conversion (BMP, EMF, JPEG).
- Improved conversion to Text - now also conversion to RTF and HTML.
- Exported print, merge and conversion methods now also available as "W" version for unicode strings.
- Improved scriped stamping to add page numbers quickly.
- Add image, text and vector objects, i.e. highlights which can be sized and moved by user or program.
- Updated search and highlighting functionality.
- Automatic repair makes reading of PDF files possible which could not be opended otherwise.
- Improved API
- Support for 64bit applications with Delpbi XE3
- NEW intaractive thumbnails, move pages, select pages to delete or save them (in PLUS edition)
In the thumbail view it is possible to select pages - the program can add a menu to delete or save pages. Use drag&drop to move pages.
- Merge PDF files into a new file
- Delete Pages (optionally they can stay visible and be marked with a red cross)
- Extract Pages
- add images (JPEG files) on certain pages
- add text (scriped stamping)
- export pages into multi page TIFF file (only 32bit applications)
- read and fill text and checkbox AcroForm fields.
- Print PDF file or save with new contents
- add image, text and vector objects to a loaded PDF and save with this new elements
- change file encryption and info items
- NEW: move selected pages using code
- NEW: move selected pages interacively (drag&drop)
- improved threaded painting for fast scrolling
With the PLUS license you can save the PDF information from WPViewPDF which makes it a versatile pdf conversion software. This means you can load in multiple PDF files and save all pages into a new PDF file (=pdf merge, edit pdf).
Certain pages can be marked to be deleted, they will not be displayed by WPViewPDF. When you save the PDF file this pages will be removed. It is also possible to set new security properties (apply, remove encryption) and set property strings int this pdf conversion tool. The WPViewPDF Demo has the PLUS features enabled, but when a new file is created a red cube will be printed on all pages.
With the "PLUS" version it is now possible to add text and vector graphics to certain pages of a PDF file (pdf stamping). Any text will be converted to vectors - this allows it to use special fonts. The graphics will be already visible in the viewer before the PDF data has been updated!
A new pdfMerge function exported by the PLUS version makes it possible to use just one DLL call to combine several PDF files to one. The registered PLUS version includes an additional DLL which converts TIFF files (created by scanner software) "on the fly" to PDF data so they can be merged just like PDF files.