To add spellcheck to WPTools VCL Version 4, 5, 6 and 7 you can use our product WPSpell. With WPSpell is easy to offer spell as you go: the misspelled words are underlined and can be corrected from the context menu.
This spell checker is based on a popular spellcheck engine which was successful for many years. For the benefit of our customers we acquired the license to build a new spellchecking component based on a reliable technology. We adapted the technology to current needs. For example, all use of pointers in the spellcheck engine have been removed, and information has been added to the dictionaries.
Alternatively you can also use the popular 3rd party product Addict Spell with WPTools.
Advantages of WPSpell
- Spellcheck while typing
- WPSpell has been especially tailored to work with WPTools.
- Traditional spellcheck dialog
- Support for spellcheck during input (curly underlines + popup dialog)
- Instant update of spellcheck markers when switching languages
- Use multiple dictionaries
- Low overhead – dictionaries are not completely loaded into memory (although this option exists, too)
- Setup information automatically stored in INI file or registry
- Dictionary compiler included
- Optional compound word checking with German dictionary
- New spellcheck algorithm with French dictionary
- Very fast dictionary routines
- Complete source code for spellcheck engine included with registered version.
- Free demo version is available. (The demo comes with source and the spell-check engine compiled into a DLL. The registered version does not require a DLL!)
- ALL.ZIP – all the above
The registered version of WPSpell comes with applications to create a dictionary from a word list and to modify dictionaries to change options without having to recompile it. So it is possible to create your own dictionaries. We would be pleased if you allow us to add your dictionary to this list.