The perfect tool for document and PDF creation
The fully programmable word processing engine for deployment with end user applications (DLL, VB, .NET) and on ASP or ASP.NET servers for text, i.e. RTF and PDF creation. With Version 4 also 64 bit Windows servers are supported.
The powerful API makes it easy to
– load text (DocX, RTF, ANSI, HTML, UNICODE and MIME)
– process text, create tables, insert text and do mail merge
– generate text (PDF, DocX, RTF, ANSI, HTML, UNICODE and MIME)
– it also prints text (on paper)
– A special mode to format tables more like a web browser (with cell auto sizing). This demo PDF file was created by RTF2PDF TextDynamic using the HTML to PDF conversion with our web site as input.
– With Version 4 a 32 bit and a 64 bit DLL are included.
– Also available: Optional reporting (The standard version already does mail-merge, with this extension also bands and groups can be used in the template)
RTF2PDF can be easily used with ASP or ASP.NET to create HTML or PDF response output. Since the API is so similar to the API of TextDynamic you can use almost the same code in your ASP page as you used for your desktop application.
This means that using our RTF2PDF / TextDynamic server your windows www server can create PDF, HTML and RTF output like your desktop program. Do you need this functionality also for Linux? If yes, please drop us a line.
The demo can be downloaded here: Download the wPDFControl/RTF2PDF Demo
Read more in the TextDynamic/Server Online manual.
wRTF2PDF – Programmable Word Processing Engine
- Optimized for server side use
- Completely self contained, no other tool is required for the conversion
- includes support for .NET, Win32 DLL and OCX
- Converts RTF files to PDF or HTML
- Converts HTML to PDF or RTF
- converts RTF or HTML to EMF (save each page as metafile)
- Creates new RTF or HTML documents
- Powerful programming API (similar to TextDynamic)
- new: loads and saves DocX format!
Integrated word processing engine
- Supports multiple character attributes (fonts, font sizes, colors, styles and colors)
- Paragraph attributes (indents, spacing, alignment, justified text)
- Tabstops (left, right, decimal, centered and fill signs)
- Paragraph styles with CSS support
- Tables, nested tables, row merge, column merge
- Headers and Footers
- Images (BMP, JPEG, EMF, PNG), linked and embedded, also with wrap text on both sides!
- Hyperlinks and nestable bookmarks
- does powerful mail merge
Integrated PDF engine
The underlying engine wPDF is widely used in thousands of applications world wide. Also combits popular reporting tool List & Label is using wPDF since 2003.
- Security (40, 128 bit)
- Convert embedded EMF to vectors
- Font embedding, also subsets
- Support for standard brush styles (hatching)
- Create PDF/A compliant files
- Convert font to Type3 fonts for smaller PDF files
- Automatic reuse of the same image data. This way, when you export a document which often uses a logo the PDF file will be significantly smaller!
- Creation of PDF/A complient PDF files (with added meta data and PDF tagging when you use it with WPTools)
- Support of CID fonts (known as “unicode” support)
- Support for Type3 fonts
- Reliable and widely used PDF engine wPDF
Powerful programing API (.NET and COM)
- Access the text on paragraph object basis
- Insert text, tables and images by code
- Create header and footer in code
- Load and save text
- Enumerate all images, links, bookmarks or fields in the document
- Export pages as metafiles (images)
- Create table of contents
- Merge RTF files
- Use similar code for server and desctop application
- See manual …
TextDynamic + RTF2PDF / TextDynamic Server Manual
This is the HTML Version of the combined Manual and Reference which is provided as PDF and CMH file.
Here you can download the RTF2PDF demo. It includes an ActiveX and .NET DLLs for the Framework 1.1, 2 and 3.5. wPDFControl can also be used in C++ directly. The demo works for 45 days.
Export RTF file using “Commands”
if PDFControl1.StartEngine("c:tempwpPDFControlDLLwPDFControlDemo.dll", "LicenseName", "LicenseCode", 0) = true Then PDFControl1.BeginDoc "c:temptest.pdf", 0 PDFControl1.ExecIntCommand 1000, 0 PDFControl1.ExecStrCommand 1002, "c:temptest.rtf" PDFControl1.ExecIntCommand 1100, 0 PDFControl1.EndDoc else MsgBox "We were not able to load the PDF Engine DLL", 0, "Error!" End if
Export in VB6/VBS, using Interfaces (IWPMemo)
Private Sub Command1_Click() ' Initiate the OCX (if it is not already on the form) Set PDF = CreateObject('wPDF_X01.PDFControl') ' Start Engine, last param =LIC_CODE If PDF.StartEngine(DLLNAME.Text, "LIC_NAME", "LIC_KEY", 0) Then ' Load the file, TRUE would insert/append it If PDF.Memo.LoadFromFile(RTFFileName.Text, False, "AUTO") Then PDF.PDFCreator.PDFFile = Replace(RTFFileName.Text, ".rtf", ".pdf") ' Convert it ' VB6 does not let us call PDF.PDFCretor.Print so we use a command instead PDF.ExecIntCommand 1305, 0 ' Finish PDF creation Else MsgBox "Cannot load RTF file " + RTFFileName.Text End If PDF.StopEngine Else MsgBox "Cannot load RTF2PDF Engine from " + DLLNAME.Text End If End Sub
You can also add some code to replace some text and change page format
If PDF.Memo.LoadFromFile(RTFFileName.Text, False, "AUTO") Then ' replace text PDF.Memo.TextCursor.ReplaceText "[NAME]", "Julian Ziersch", True, False, False, True ' Chage Pagesize PDF.Memo.PageSize.Landscape = True .....
Export in ASP.NET (C#)
RTF2PDF pdf = new RTF2PDF(); pdf.Memo.LoadFromFile("somtext.rtf", true, "AUTO"); pdf.PdfCreator.PDFFile = "memory"; // remove any output Response.Clear(); // Add new header Response.ContentType = "application/pdf"; Response.AddHeader("Content-Type", "application/pdf"); // Set a file name which is displayed Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition","inline;filename=PortableDocument.pdf"); // Write the PDF data Response.Clear(); // Finish pdf.Dispose();