TextDynamic Server / wRTF2PDF
The fully programmable word processing engine for deployment with end user applications (DLL, VB, .NET) and on ASP or ASP.NET servers for text and PDF creation.
The powerful API makes it easy to
- load text (RTF, ANSI, HTML, UNICODE and MIME)
- process text, create tables, insert text and do mail merge
- generate text (PDF, RTF, ANSI, HTML, UNICODE and MIME)
New: it now also prints text (on paper)
New: A special mode to format tables more like a web browser (with cell auto sizing). This demo PDF file was created by RTF2PDF TextDynamic using the HTML to PDF conversion with our web site as input.
New: Optional reporting
RTF2PDF can be easily used with ASP or ASP.NET to create HTML or PDF response output. Since the API is so similar to the API of TextDynamic you can use almost the same code in your ASP page as you used for your desktop application.
The demo can be downloaded here: wPDFControl/RTF2PDF3 Demo DLL
- Optimized for server side use
- Completely self contained, no other tool is required for the conversion
- includes support for .NET, Win32 DLL and OCX
- Converts RTF files to PDF or HTML
- Converts HTML to PDF or RTF
- converts RTF or HTML to EMF (save each page as metafile)
- Creates new RTF or HTML documents
- Powerful programming API (similar to TextDynamic)
- Supports multiple character attributes (fonts, font sizes, colors, styles and colors)
- Paragraph attributes (indents, spacing, alignment, justified text)
- Tabstops (left, right, decimal, centered and fill signs)
- Paragraph styles with CSS support
- Tables, nested tables, row merge, column merge
- Headers and Footers
- Images (BMP, JPEG, EMF, PNG), linked and embedded, also with wrap text on both sides!
- Hyperlinks and nestable bookmarks
- does powerful mail merge
- Security (40, 128 bit)
- Convert embedded EMF to vectors
- Font embedding, also subsets
- Support for standard brush styles (hatching)
- Automatic reuse of the same image data. This way, when you export a document which often uses a logo the PDF file will be significantly smaller!
- Creation of PDF/A complient PDF files (with added meta data and PDF tagging when you use it with WPTools)
- Support of CID fonts (known as "unicode" support)
- Reliable and widely used PDF engine wPDF
- Access the text on paragraph object basis
- Insert text, tables and images by code
- Create header and footer in code
- Load and save text
- Enumerate all images, links, bookmarks or fields in the document
- Export pages as metafiles (images)
- Create table of contents
- merged RTF files
- Use similar code for server and desctop application
- See manual ...
This is the HTML Version of the combined Manual and Reference which is provided as PDF and CMH file.
Here you can download the RTF2PDF demo. It includes an ActiveX and .NET DLLs for the Framework 1.1, 2 and 3.5. wPDFControl can also be used in C++ directly. The demo works for 45 days.