News in 2022 and 2023.
WPViewPDF V5 – view, edit and print PDF (VCL, .NET, ActiveX)
WPViewPDF V5 offers:
- All new action system. This allows it to create a GUI efficiently and quick. We added a new sample project for Delphi and VisualStudio.
- new ActionMode: pan, select objects, draw etc.
- add PDF annotations to a PDF file. Supported are at present:
* highlight annotation
* text background (the used can select text and the annotation will cover the area)
* square annotation
* symbols with Popups (PLUS only)
* squiggly underline annotation
* text field annotations (PLUS only)
* checkboxes (PLUS only)
- move any existing annotation
- delete any existing annotation
- add fields to create a PDF form
- create draw objects on a “document layer”. The document layer survives reloading a PDF file. This makes it possible to apply the same draw objects to various PDF files. With WPViewPDF PLUS it is possible to save the objects to XML and load as XML.
- trigger mail merge events on marked text draw objects.
- convert PDF into watermark: The user can select a PDF file and use certain PDF pages as background for the current PDF files. It is possible to reuse the same page on multiple pages.
- extract file attachments
- search text and apply highlight annotation automatically
- “Flatten” PDF Forms – you can load PDF forms which contain annotations and save them into new PDF files with the annotation “appearance streams” permanently applied to the PDF pages.
WPViewPDF can be used in Delphi (C++Builder) as VCL (32 and 64 bit), in VB6 as ActiveX and in .NET as WinForm assembly.
Also a fast JBIG2 conversion module is included.
Please also visit our support forum: newsgroup
In the thumbnail view it is possible to select pages – the program can add a menu to delete or save pag
es. Use drag&drop to move pages.
Features in wPDF V5:
+ support for different pen styles
+ improved text rendering
+ fontmodes: wpEmbedType3 – create type3 fonts which are very compact
+ fontmode: wpEmbedCIDFonts – select the CID Font “unicode” mode which was added to wPDF 3
+ Info.CopyrightNotice, Info.CopyrightURL and Info.CopyrightPublicDomain
+ DrawPNGFile. This methods exports a PNG file. It requires the PDF Engine to be able to decode PNG.
+ DrawPNG: This method exports PNG data. It requires the PDF Engine to be able to decode PNG.
+ file attachments
+ information to the PDF XMP metadata
+ Support For Delphi XE6
+ Support For Delphi XE7
+ Support For Delphi XE8
+ Support For Delphi 10
+ Support For Delphi 10.1
+ Support For Delphi 10.2
+ Support For Delphi 10.3
+ Support For Delphi 10.4
+ Support For Delphi 11
Link to wPDF 5 upgrade page
WPTools 9.3 is available now. You can download the WPTools 9 manual here: WPTools Manual (PDF)
WPTools supports Delphi 7,2006,2009,2010, XE, XE2, XE3, XE4, XE5, XE6, XE7, XE8, 10, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 11 – the pro version includes 64 bit compatibility.
WPTools is a powerful RTF and HTML VCL for Delphi. It can be used to implement word processing, automatic document creation, mass mailing, text viewing.
With its table support you can implement a spread sheet application. Because of its architecture you can also use it to display data from records using collapsible bands.
Optionally native support for DocX reading and writing is available.
Version 9.3 improves nearly every aspect of WPTools but keeps the compatibility to WPTools 9.2, 9.1 and 8.
It now includes an embedded SVG rendering engine which is not only used for the toolbar icons and the ruler, but alos by the dedicated TWPSVGImage control.
WPTools 9.3 fully supports colored Emojis.
The API has been enhanced to allow more compact code.
To order upgrades please visit: WPTools Update
The buttons in the toolbar are now rendered from a SVG using an embedded SVG interpreter.
WPTools 9.1 supports colored Emoji!
The WPTools “TextProducer” component (“Bundle” and “Premium” editions).
wPDFControl and wRTF2PDF/TextDynamic Server:
The new PDF Engine supports Type3 font embedding to reduce PDF file size and better support for Asian fonts.
Most importantly, 64bit and Unicode versions of the engine DLLs are now available. Threaded use has been optimized and can be tested with the included demo application.
There is a demo edition in the download section.
RTF2PDF / TextDynamicServer now also loads and save files in DocX format.